Wednesday 11 August 2010

The Kung Fu kid - Quisli

Well this film surprised me, I really didn't want to go and see it. I think I like the first one but it wasn't something that I hold in my top ten or anything. Anyways I glad I got dragged to this film by magnum as it was a succes, we all know what's gonna happen in the end if you vaguely remember the original but the film, casting and story of this one has hugely been enhanced. I thought it was going to be a very child like film and especially as mr chan was starring it it I thought it wa going to be all comedy and cheap laughs. But he definatley pulled this role off, complete seriousness and not a lifelike yoda clone.

Will smiths son played an amazing leading role, like magnum said he has out acted his father already and is onto a very succesful career in acting, because nowadays it seems anyone that gains fame for their supposed good looks have a string of films lined up for them like that twilight vampire dude and zack efron, when there are kids like mini smith that have that talent that deserves them a role like this, and at his age bein able to mantain an emotional seen, whilst pulling off a tear to accompany mr hans sad story make this film an alrounder ; comedy, emotional and motivating.

I would recomend going to see this film, don't know if it's film of the year but it's a better remake, I would say better that the original and it's piss's All over that tiwilight sadga, what happened to making vampire films scary and manly, this film needs to manup, oh right it's a vampire film for kids and lovestruck girls/women. What happened to blood, dark alleyways, old dusty houses, coffins an sex. Becuase we all know that vampires are about sex, the whole penetrating of the neck with teeth and stuff, we all know what that's a reprensentation for.

Go watch kung Fu/karate kid, it'll surprise I'd your not really wanting to watch it, some great acting from mr chan and mr little will smith and if your twelve you'll love the chinese girl and her American dancing but if your older you'll just fill a little bit uncomfortable, bit like watching certain parts of Leon, buts that's a brilliant film anyway

I give this film a 9, simply because it beat my expectations and I'm sorry for anything I ever said bad about it, oh and watch out for the bad ass Chinese kid, he really does scare me.

9/10

Quisli

2 comments:

  1. I’m guessing someone has been made to watch the twilight saga recently?
    I feel your pain it’s just a chick flick for the “alternative” set, an Emo acceptable Dirty Dancing .

    Really it's just a bunch of miserable arsewipes who were born without the ability to smile complaining about their supernatural love triangle, all “movie stars” and not one actor among them. And don’t get me started on the whole “Ok guys the plots getting bogged down in all this emo crap we need to keep it moving!”
    Alice “OOH I'VE HAD A VISION TO PREDICT THE FUTURE AND MOVE THE PLOT ON... AGAIN.” Bullshit.

    I look forward to the teams review of the forth film. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. ‎-1 point for the name. The first film was about a boy learning Japanese Karate from a Japanese man hence Karate kid. This film is about a boy learning Chinese kung fu from a Chinese man in china, so WTF dose it have to do with Karate?

    -1 point for his end credit rap...

    The film was good and well Directed but no 10/10 or 9/10 I might have let 8/10 slide

    I’d watch it on TV but not buy the DVD. Peace out

    ReplyDelete