Tuesday 13 July 2010

PREDATORS - El Papa Diablo

My Rating 4/10

A man is falling from the sky, he's unconscious, suddenly he wakes and begins to do what any human being would do, scream and hope to christ he has a parachute. This opening got me, no big name before the title, straight in no messing, I was nursing a semi. After that Predators became dull, with a premise so good how is that possible I hear you say? Well what Predators lacked was the suspense of the first film (a classic) a character as likeable as Mike Harrigan (Danny Glover in Predator 2) and of course the raw charisma of Schwarzenegger. I think the problem is when a writer starts to write a Predator movie they get so caught up with making the Predators awesome they forget one key element, story. That's what is missing here, certain characters are killed off to early, the dialogue is poor and the pacing isn't great. Its hard to care about them, they aren't likeable. Like Magnum I wanted to like this film, I wanted to love it but I guess our relationship ended before it began.

It had positives, as a stand alone film this would have made an entertaining action no brainer that would entertain for the most part. It had some good action and Walton Goggins as Stans puts in a good shift, hogging the best lines and scene stealing from everybody. It just didn't have me on he edge of my seat like a good Predator movie should.

My main gripe however comes in the form of Adrian Brody as Royce, when I heard he was cast I thought, Oscar winning actor in Predators, must be good, turns out he's not. I'm pretty sure he watched Terminator Salvation before he stared filming because Brody is doing his very best Christian Bale impersonation. I actually like Brody to, he's got a lot of talent, just not as an action hero.

That's right, crud.

In you short SHIT not HIT.

Much Love El Papa Diablo

P.S Magnum, go fuck your self.

1 comment:

  1. waiting for you guys to comment on some independent movie!!! With hugs from Anna

    ReplyDelete