Tuesday 13 July 2010

PREDATORS - Magnum

My Rating 4/10

I've realised the small things in life please me, as I discovered in the opening moments of this film, first there was the original score from the first two films; the music from the first two Predator films was amazing and added to the suspense and tension of the story, so to hear that same musical score once again put a smile on my face and then to top it off the Predators title thrown at you in the original font from the original films - YES that's right folks I'm talking about the goddamn font here and why because the rest of the film sucked some major ass!!!

Believe me I wanted to love this film I was even lying to myself saying "if it was a standalone film it would be good" but compared to the original it didn't have that magic, gone was the suspense and tension and gone were the classic one liners.
Instead we're given a film that slowly plods along with a bunch of lifeless characters quickly realising they're not in Kansas anymore and that they're being hunted for sport.

A boring hour and a half later a fat Lawrence Fishburne turned up (must have been his day off from filming C.S.I, so decided to make a quick buck) most of the characters you know were going to die are dead, the ones you know are going to survive are unsurprisingly still alive and the final showdown begins, which should have been EPIC.
Arnie using all his survival skills to outwit the Predator, Danny Glover chasing the bastard onto his own damn ship to kick his ass, but this time I've got that lanky dude from King Kong with his top off attempting to do Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions and getting his ass kicked all over the place. NOT IMPRESSED.

Magnum's verdict - I'd rather have my balls nailed to the ceiling with a nail gun then watch this crap again - bring back Danny Glover - he ain't too old for this shit!!!

Oh and Ben of course it's better than Aliens Vs Predator - watching paint dry is better than that film :P

PEACE

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame for you that the small things in life don't please the ladies, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete